Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Who Am I?

A mom. A wife. A teacher. A learner. A food lover. A Dr. Pepper addict. A reality TV junkie. (To name a few) And now I can add, "a blogger," to my list!

After almost 6, wonderful years of teaching, a marriage, a baby, and a master’s degree later, I have decided to join the rest of the teaching world in blogging.  Why blog now? Simple. I find many of my teaching ideas via the internet, blogs, Teachers Pay Teachers, pinterest, or other teachers at my school so it is time to share my teaching adventures with the world.


A little personal background: My blog name, “Rise and Read,” is a play off of my last name, Read. I teach 4th grade at a private school in Arlington, Texas. It just so happens that I, too, was a student at this very same school starting at the age of four AND I met my husband here AND he proposed during my first year of teaching on the school campus. Do you have a small tear in your eye after reading that sweet, love story? J So, needless to say, this place is truly my second home, my family and my life. Teaching is my happy place.

You can also connect with me via twitter @MrsReadClass4th

No comments:

Post a Comment